Founded on the merit shop philosophy, Associated Builders and Contractors help its members develop people, win work and deliver that work safety, ethically and profitability for the betterment of the communities in which ABC and its members work. From best-in-class safety programs to discounts with leading vendors, ABC has the solutions for merit shop companies nationwide.
Download The Value of Membership (PDF)
To become a member, click the “Apply For Membership” button.
You got into construction to build great things.
We want to help you do just that.
WE HELP YOU WIN WORK
- Our events and networking opportunities connect you with the people you need to know in the industry.
- Our government affairs staff lobbies to keep projects competitive and open to all.
- Our Invitation to Bid process allows you to share your projects with fellow members and alerts you to work opportunities.
- Our exclusive LinkedIn group expands your contacts and referral list.
WE HELP YOU DELIVER WORK SAFELY
Our OSHA-recognized Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) establishes a foundation for entering the public works arena, lowers your mod rating and insurance premiums and ensures your worker’s on-the-job health and productivity.
WE HELP YOU DELIVER WORK ETHICALLY
- Our training programs generate skilled and knowledgeable workers.
- Our labor compliance staff and workshops help you understand and navigate the public work process and ensure you are in compliance.
- Our state and federally approved apprenticeship programs can dispatch aprrentices to your job site and help you meet prevailing wage requirements.
WE WANT YOU TO SUCCEED AND BE PROFITABLE
- Our local and national business partners provide exclusive member discounts and services, allowing you to run your business efficiently and productively.
- Our benefit trust’s highly competitive, low-rate life, medical and dental insurance programs help you attract and retain talented employees.
- Our discount calculator shows how much you will save as an ABC member.