- This event has passed.
Public Works Compliance 101
Date: June 13, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+0
Venue: ABC Northern California ChapterREGISTER/SPONSOR $50 – $125.00
Member Attendee $50.00 | Non-Member Attendee $125.00
This two-hour course covers all of the basics. It’s great for those new to public works, but also serves as an excellent refresher course as the regulations governing prevailing wage projects are constantly changing.
Who should attend?
The company’s primary contact, person(s) in charge of payroll and/or HR, the person who processes DAS 140/142 and training contributions.
• When prevailing wages apply
• Which wage determinations to use
• What the double and single asterisk mean on a wage determination and how to interpret the wage determination
• What is covered work
• Where and when the Contract Award Notification is submitted
• When an apprentice must be requested and from where
• Where training contributions are sent and when
• How to complete a certified payroll report
• How to annualize your employee benefits
• General contractor responsibilities
• Electronic certified payroll reporting to DLSE
• What is a “skilled and trained” workforce per statute
Classes have minimum requirements and may be cancelled if not met. Cancellations must be received 5 business days prior to event start for refund.