Safety Training Evaluation Process
Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) Certification – What if your company could be 770% safer than the industry average? Established in 1989 and specifically designed by contractors for contractors, ABC’s Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) is a service that helps you build and expand your safety program. With the exception of more advanced Diamond and Platinum levels, it is complimentary of ABC NorCal members. Program participants often see the following returns on their STEP investment: increased productivity with fewer on-the-job inquiries, greater OSHA compliance, competitive market advantage and lower worker’s compensation costs.
- STEP provides a systematic formula for developing and analyzing safety and loss prevention programs.
- STEP is designed to benefit both large and small businesses.
- The STEP Key Component system gives you a 20-point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program.
- The STEP process incorporates OSHA required safety data and self-assessments to comprehensively report on all aspects of your safety program.
- STEP data shows that participating companies beat BLS averages in a number of areas, leading to benefits during the bidding insurance negotiation processes.
- Outstanding safety programs can receive chapter and national recognition, National Safety Excellence and Accredited Quality Contractor awards, with recognition, events held throughout the year.
- Your responses are strictly confidential.
JUST GETTING STARTED WITH YOUR SAFETY TRAINING PROGRAM?
HOW STEP WORKS?
QUALIFICATION & APPLICATION PROCESS
Each STEP level has a different set of qualification criteria. Applications are accepted throughout the year. Please contact Frances Ruelas for information.