Why train as an apprentice?
- Classroom training. Expert instructors teach you theory, safety and skilled trade fundamentals in a controlled environment.
- On-the-job training. You’ll get your hands dirty (literally), apply your knowledge and skills and learn by doing.
- No student loans. Currently, the average student debt in California is $20,340 and the proportion of students with debt is 55%.
- Employment. You will earn while you learn.
- Career potential. Apprenticeship can take you in many career directions.
Why train as an apprentice with ABC NorCal?
- We are state and federally approved. ABC NorCal’s apprenticeship programs are approved by the State of California and the U.S. Department of Labor.
- We offer multiple trades. We offer apprenticeship programs in five trades: carpentry, construction craft laborer, electrical, painting and plumbing.
Compared to a college education, there’s virtually no cost to you personally. The program is funded by various private and public sources. You will need to purchase the tools required for your trade.
- Paid on-the-job training.
- Health benefits. Including medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- We honor Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits. Eligible veterans can receive a tax-free stipend during their apprenticeship program.
- Build your professional network. Our members are some of the most talented construction professionals in Northern California.
- Nationally Recognized Curriculum. The National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) is a national foundation backed by ABC National which provides the “Contren Learning Series” modules used in the classroom training of apprentices and the certification of instructors.
Why train ABC NorCal apprentices?
- The demand for skilled workers is high.
- Our program eliminates the need for expensive recruitment programs; people are already training.
- Our state and federally approved apprenticeship programs can dispatch apprentices to your job site and help you meet prevailing wage requirements.
- Using apprentices actually reduces the cost of high labor turnover; employees show high morale and loyalty when training in a program that offers upward mobility through career development.
- You get a diversified and flexible workforce and a larger pool of employees with specific skills.
- You get increased productivity; employees in a structured program are more motivated.
- We train our apprentices in a state of the art training facility.
- Our apprentices reside throughout Northern California.
The slideshare presentation below details common applicant questions regarding the apprenticeship program.