Careers at ABC NorCal
At ABC NorCal, we are passionate about what we do. We believe that the work of our employees directly influences our members’ success and reputation, as well as, our association’s future prosperity.
As an ABC NorCal team member, you’ll work in an environment that values communication, critical thinking, collaboration, the ability to problem solve and most of all, a passion to support our members and better our industry.
We are hiring for a general administrator position and are looking for a professional individual who would like to become an integral part of our team!
The position is a point of contact for our customers. The position will assist in evaluating the customer’s needs and addressing them according to the various department procedures. The position is responsible for coordinating students on-the-job training (OJT) and also assisting with intake of new students to address the needs of our customers.
The individual must take initiative and ownership over special projects and processes and collaborate with other team members. Positive go-getter attitude and willing to pitch in wherever needed; able to learn new skills and tasks quickly and with minimal guidance. The individual must exercise good judgment in a variety of situations. Must have strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Must be able to work independently and in teams on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion; develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele.
This is an in-office position. Remote work is not optional with this position
Primary Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate the placement process of apprentices to contractors
- Coordinate and work with Apprenticeship Admissions Coordinator on scheduling applicant intake based on contractor needs
- Educate customers on basic requirements associated with the placement process
- Collaborate with members and membership department to maximize dispatching opportunities, address short- and long-term workforce needs, and grow the apprenticeship program
- Administer students’ exams
- Process program related documents
- Oversee apprentices’ leave of absence requests
- Educate apprentices on initial steps of handling job and program related concerns
- Coordinate actions regarding complaints from apprentices
- Coordinate jobsite visits to contractors training apprentices
- Manage graduates’ job-postings
- Hold in-person and virtual meeting with apprentices and contractors to address questions and concerns
- Generate monthly and quarterly reports
- Assist apprentices with unemployment related questions and work with various EDD offices to obtain general information
- Update database with customers’ information
- Responsible for career fairs attendance, preparation of materials, restocking of materials, and reporting of event outcome
- Ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image of ABC NorCal by answering and managing incoming calls, receive and interact with incoming visitors, liaise with internal staff at all levels and interact with external clients
- Help with set up/take down of events held in the office along with coordinating various event needs.
- Complete special project and assignments by taking ownership and being accountable from start to finish; problem solving and adjusting needs as needed
- Must work as a team with staff to ensure coverage and that all tasks are completed
- Back up to all Apprenticeship Admissions Coordinator tasks
Note: Nothing contained in this job description shall alter the at will status of your employment. ABC reserves the right to change this job description without notice.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- This is a customer-facing role. The individual must have a professional and helpful demeanor.
- Self-motivated team player with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Time management skills with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organizational awareness and resourcefulness – understanding who to engage in order to identify solutions and resolve issues
- Ability to multitask; prioritize conflicting needs quickly and proactively
- Ability to follow through on a project that have tight deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate process and implement change as needed
- Display sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics in a confidential setting where sensitive information is displayed
- Experience and knowledge of office administration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to learn and utilize internal systems.
- Proficiency in Adobe programs including Photoshop. Solid understanding of social media usage including but not limited to: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Forums, Wikis and blogs.
- Equipment Operation: Knowledge of common office equipment including but not limited to, copiers, mail machines, and fax machines.
- Travel is required and includes up to overnight
- Physical Demands: Able to work at least 8 hours/day and 40 hours/week. Additional shifts may be required including evening, weekend, and overtime. Able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours a day. Able to drive in a car for up to 8 hours a day. Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Five or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- NCCER Certified Proctor welcomed not required
- Work successfully with federal and state agencies and a diverse group of employees and customers
- Organized with effective time management skills
- Self-motivated and administratively self-maintaining
- Demonstrate capability for strategic thinking
- General business understanding
Provide classroom instructions in one or more of the following trades (Carpentry, Painting and/or Construction Craft Laborer) maintain classroom conduct, information, material, equipment, tools, and labs. The instructor is also tasks with conducting job-site visits to member job sites to ensure compliance with program rules and regulations, job-site safety protocol, and state supervision compliance. Read more…
ABC NorCal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, selection, employment and training shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, military and veteran status, or any other status protected by law.